NOTE: This proposal is very similar to the previous proposal SoftDrop for Participants in the Softernet Round #5 - Optimism and will also be posted at https://blog.thesoftdao.com for increased reach.
To support the DAO’s mission of multi-protocol expansion and in light of Tokensoft’s recent Softernet announcements, we propose including Softernet Round #6 - Celo and Softernet Round #7 - Arbitrum participants in the upcoming airdrop of the SOFT token (i.e., the SoftDrop).
Some of the benefits of broadening the SoftDrop community and including these participants are as follows:
- Celo and Arbitrum are both large ecosystems with strong communities in Web3.
- Celo Community
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CeloOrg
- Telegram: https://t.me/celoplatform
- Discord: https://discord.gg/celo
- Web: https://celo.org/
- Arbitrum Community
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/arbitrum
- Telegram: https://t.me/arbitrum
- Discord: https://discord.gg/arbitrum
- Web: https://arbitrum.io/
- Celo Community
- Celo & Arbitrum communities both have multi-year track records of building strong blockchain primitives.
- Arbitrum is a premier L2 for Ethereum that shares Ethereum’s ethos as a fully open system. Arbitrum is onboarding new users & increasing user activity without security degradation & with decreased gas costs. Similar to the SoftDAO, the builders behind Arbitrum are seeking “to make blockchain better.”
- Celo is a top-tier proof-of-stake, EVM-compatible, and interoperable L1 blockchain network with low fees and mobile phone mapping. Celo’s mission also fits well within the SoftDAO values — “to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity — for everyone.”
Given the above points, we believe that including Softernet Rounds #6 and #7 participants fits with Soft DAO’s continued commitment to a high-quality, multi-chain community.
Therefore, we propose that users who participate in helping stress-test the networks by participating in the Softernet Rounds #6 & #7 — as well as providing user feedback — be eligible for the SoftDrop. SOFT tokens distributed to Softernet Round #6 & #7 participants in this manner will come from unused tokens allocated for other SOFT token rounds. This ensures that the total amount of tokens originally planned for distribution rounds remains unchanged.
We welcome feedback from the community on this proposal; including suggestions on how it can be improved. An amended and/or finalized version - taking into consideration community feedback - will be put forth for voting via multi-sig ~72 hours from now. The SoftDAO will have another 72 hours for voting on the proposal, which will begin on Wednesday, 07 Dec, 2022 at 17:00 UTC and on Saturday, 10 Dec, 2022 at 17:00 UTC.
NOTE: A supplemental proposal regarding re-allocated SOFT Tokenomics will also be proposed following feedback from the community. The exact number of tokens set aside for Softernet Rounds #6 and #7 participants may be determined later with an update to this proposal depending on Softernet participation metrics.