Organize Proposal stages before voting in Soft DAO

Proposal for organizing a system of stages for each Proposal before voting in DAO

What

Organize a unified system for the formation of the Proposal before submitting it to a vote in the DAO.

Why

Ensures the transparency of the process of generating Offers in accordance with the principles of DAO.

How

All proposals need to go through the following process:

STAGE 1
Check Interest - Forum /PI/

Purpose of the stage:
Check the interest of the community, determine the interest in making changes, proposals, solutions. To create a check of interest, ask a general question to the community, create a topic on the forum. Interest verification is informal. You should use the feedback to decide if you want to continue working on your proposal.

STAGE 2
Proposal Draft - Forum /PD/

Purpose of the stage:
Informal discussion of a potential proposal. constructive discussion. Communication. Making additions and changes to the Draft Proposal based on the results of discussion and communication. Discussion of the Draft Proposal is informal. You should use the feedback to decide if you want to continue working on your proposal.

STAGE 3
Proposal Draft - Github /PG/
Purpose of the stage:
Formal discussion of the potential proposal. To create a draft proposal. Execution according to internal instructions for preparing the Proposal on GitHub. Your PG will be reviewed by a contributor to check its readiness taking into account of the feedback from the Interest Check. If the PG is not ready, the contributor will send it back to the author for revision. If the PDG is ready, the proposal will be assigned with a PG number to be voted.

STAGE 4
Vote for Proposal - Tally /PV/
Purpose of the stage:
To ensure transparent voting according to internal rules. Once your PG has been assigned a proposal number, you can work with the operations team to schedule an instant vote.

Implementation
When the proposal is accepted, the changes will be implemented by the operations team.

@masonic @CitizenWrit @val
Please join this proposal, your experience will improve it. Thanks.
#SoftDAO - rock web3 :metal:

9 Likes

@jAleksey - thank you for putting this together! I think Soft DAO could definitely use some more structure around the proposal process. I like the direction you are headed with this. However, it’s not clear to me that all proposals are going to pass through Github… so, I th
ink there needs to be a couple tracks for proposals depending on the type… what do you think? Have you look at some other governance processes for other successful DAOs?

I’m going to keep crystallizing thoughts on this… but I think we should definitely keep this conversation going :clap:t2:

4 Likes

@CitizenWrit - Thanks for your time on this question.
From experience I know for sure that the fewer stages and the clearer they are, the easier it is to control the flow of information and manage the process of moving.
Perhaps to simplify the process, you must first agree on the number and types of different kinds of tracks. After that, consider the steps for each track separately.
I’ll think about it, I’ll be glad to hear your thoughts.

PS: Thank you for organizing the space on the forum, now it is much more convenient.

4 Likes

This is an excellent proposal. By implementing this unified system, it ensures the transparency of the process of generating offers in accordance with the principles of DAO. The proposed stages include checking the interest of the community, informal and formal discussion of the potential proposal, and transparent voting according to internal rules. This system will allow for constructive communication and feedback to be provided throughout the proposal process, leading to more informed decision-making. Overall, this proposal is a great step towards a more organized and transparent DAO.

3 Likes

Thanks for your vision and suggestion. I think there are too many stages before the proposal comes to finalization. This is somewhat reminiscent of the bureaucratic machine of the traditional government with many offices. We are trying to build a free society that is different from the current way of life.

1 Like

SIPs follow a standard five-step process with a fast track option:

• Idea: Succinctly and clearly identify a problem, issue, or improvement, offer it to the community for feedback, and submit it using the SIP template found in the SIP GitHub repository. Defining an issue in a crisp manner lets the Sui community focus on the most critical task, aligning on the problems that are important to solve.
  • Draft: A member of the SIPs team helps complete the SIP and works with the submitter to finalize the proposal.
  • Review: Community members assess the SIP and propose solutions with an eye towards feasibility, impact, and functionality.
  • Last Call: After one week with no further comments, or at a previously set date, the SIP moves to the next step.
  • Final: The SIP has been accepted by the community and is available for implementation. Note that implementation status of a solution is not tracked in the SIPs process.
  • Fast Track:**** This option, included for proposals that have already gained community consensus, bypasses extraneous steps in the process.

The diagram below outlines the general process for SIPs.

PS: Peeped at SUI

1 Like