Proposal to efficiently use SoftDAO capital

Partnership between SoftDAO and Myso Finance is bullish for both projects :100:

3 Likes

Proposal is beneficial but requires risk assessment and alignment with SoftDAO objectives :+1: :thinking:

3 Likes

I see it as a good opportunity to earn additional income and
I think it will contribute to growth.
I hope it will be evaluated positively.

3 Likes

I support this proposal. I think this is reasonable and timely

3 Likes

It is interesting idea to cooperation with the project MYSO Finance and I support it

3 Likes

I think there may be several ways that Soft DAO could potentially utilize MYSO Finance to more efficiently use its capital:

1. Borrowing funds at lower rates: MYSO Finance’s lending platform allows users to borrow funds in a decentralized and trustless manner. Soft DAO could potentially use this platform to borrow funds at lower interest rates compared to traditional lending sources, which could allow the project to allocate its capital more efficiently.
  2. Providing liquidity for the project’s token: Soft DAO could list its token on MYSO Finance’s decentralized exchange and provide liquidity for it, which could potentially increase trading volume and adoption. This could result in a more efficient use of the project’s capital, as it could potentially increase the value of the token and attract more users and investors.
  3. Earning interest on idle capital: MYSO Finance’s lending platform also allows users to lend funds and earn interest on them. Soft DAO could potentially lend its idle capital on the platform to earn interest, which could provide a steady source of passive income and allow the project to allocate its capital more efficiently.
  4. last but not the least, Accessing decentralized financial services: MYSO Finance provides various decentralized financial services, such as trading and borrowing, which could potentially provide Soft DAO with more efficient and cost-effective options compared to traditional financial services. This could allow the project to access the financial services it needs while also minimizing costs and maximizing efficiency.

Overall, the specific ways that Soft DAO could utilize MYSO Finance will depend on the project’s specific needs and objectives. However, the platform’s decentralized and trustless financial services could potentially provide Soft DAO with more efficient and cost-effective options compared to traditional financial services, allowing the project to allocate its capital more efficiently.

4 Likes

To be honest, I do not understand this scheme, perhaps I do not have enough experience and education. Can you elaborate on this?

3 Likes

In general it sounds like interesting opportunity to earn additional yield. But we all know this DeFi world… There are still risks with smart contracts. Did MysoFinance pass any audits?

3 Likes

I support proposal to efficiently use soft capital at MYSO. Another way to look for reliable platform to manage capital efficiently and get a higher yield.

3 Likes

I think it sounds like an interesting opportunity to earn additional returns. But we all know that this DeFi world… is still at risk. Passed the audit or not?

3 Likes

I support this proposal. I think this is reasonable and our token be was work for us!

3 Likes

It’s nice idea. Have you looked at other protocols? Maybe it’s better there?

3 Likes

Hi All -

Great to be in the Technical AMA with Jameson from Myso Finance earlier. If you missed it, the recording is up on twitter (and retweet Myso’s post for further reach!): https://twitter.com/MysoFinance/status/1649448616644300801?s=20

Here is a list of the questions that were posted in Discord but not directly addressed in the AMA:

1. Andrii: What are the key features and benefits of the MYSO Finance platform, and how does it differentiate itself from other DeFi platforms in the market?

2. Natakamry: What innovations and interesting long-term projects you plan to launch in the near future?

3. Zobbo: What is a Zero Liquidation Loan? How do they work? When we interact, what are your recommendations?

4. Bugagash: Can you give a real example why should I take a loan in myso.finance, well, let’s say USDC as collateral for ETH if I can just exchange ETH on the exchange for the asset I need and use it? What are the benefits of a loan?

5. Gorbywa88: Should we expect a mobile dap? And if so, when?

6. Saq: Will MYSO Finance’s lending and borrowing services provide Softdao with a source of funding or liquidity and leveraging ?

7. Konstantin Volk: How, for example, will the rewards for Cru3 be distributed (will the vesting of the token be 2 years or not?) When is the SoftDao working site release approximately?

I believe Jameson from Myso Finance (@jpickett713 on Twitter) will be joining this forum topic discussion to address some of these questions shortly.

6 Likes

My decision on MYSO Finance is positive, but it is made on an intuitive level. I am not a highly qualified expert, but there are many like me in the Soft DAO community, that’s why in the discussion thread about the threshold for creating a voting proposal, I expressed the opinion that this threshold should remain at the level of 100,000. Since to create such proposals, you need to have more deeper knowledge, to be able to calculate the proportionality of the ratio of possible benefits to possible risks. The people who create proposals are the locomotive drivers who set the direction, and most of the community is just passengers. Sorry if such a comparison may have offended someone.

3 Likes

Thanks for that meeting! It was very interesting for both community.

4 Likes

Hello everyone
I’m Jamie (jpick713 in discord) from Myso Finance and the AMA

Yes!
we already have a finalized Trail of Bits audit complete (we tweeted it out a couple of days ago) and are actually in the midst of a second audit by omniscia. So,two audits for the v2 codebase.
We will also have an immunefi bug bounty covering the contracts.
in addition, our test cases as a team will be open-sourced with the contract repo for inspection.
Finally, we use openZeppelin defender to monitor contract events and notify our team via email and discord notifications of any anomalies in real time.
Obviously, no protocol can ever guarantee they will never have a flaw, but at Myso we will use all the best practices in the industry to minimize and mitigate security concerns.

3 Likes

1. What are the key features and benefits of the MYSO Finance platform, and how does it differentiate itself from other DeFi platforms in the market? (andrii)

1. offering zero-liquidation loan (covered-call strategies) with fixed tenor (not expiring pools with shrinking tenors a la vendor finance and timeswap) and immediacy and known terms (not auction based like ribbon vaults)

2. “unified“ vault across assets, pairs, and quotes (tenors, fee structures, LTV et al)

3. handle rebasing collateral (aTokens), voting collateral (like soft token and uni), rewards bearing collateral in other tokens (GLP and Curve LP tokens), and tokens with transfer fees (paxg)

4. off-chain quoting and on-chain efficient “multi-quoting” which allows for lenders to test many options quickly and cheaply

5. 1-click looping (this allows for built-in single transaction looping/leverage case). For those who don’t know about looping here is an example case
    50% LTV
    1000$ Soft token collateral

1→ pledge soft token on Myso to get 500$ USDC (50% LTV)
2→ swap 500$ usdc for 500$ soft token (not accounting for slippage)
3→ pledge 500$ soft token on Myso to get 250$ USDC
…repeat

end case is 2000$ pledge of soft token so you have 2x leverage by looping…
we can do that in one click if a secondary DEX like balancer or uni v3 has a pool in your pair and sufficient depth

1. optional oracle integration with easy on-boarding of “long-tail” assets unlike liquidation-centric protocols which require an oracle and sometimes a lengthy governance process (a la aave)

2. flexibility of term structure, can be paid in upfront fee in coll token and share in any collateral upside, else can be remunerated in all APY from loan token, or a mix of the two. In fact, the upfront fee could be set high and then you can actually have a negative interest rate (discount)…this negative interest rate also allows for a cool use case for DAOs to build liquidity

2. What innovations and interesting long-term projects you plan to launch in the near future?
(Natakamry)

We think everything mentioned above is pretty neat and innovative…but in addition to that above, we also have a convertible bond option with flexible repayment schedule from lender pool…It will allow DAOs to

• diversify from their native token holdings without negative market impact or negative market signaling
  • borrow stables, e.g., to earn yield, extend runway, cover liquidity needs, or bootstrap liquidity in own DeFi products etc.
  • lower their borrowing costs (using the convertible feature)
  • have full flexibility w.r.t. the loan terms they feel comfortable with (tenor, LTV, interest etc.)
  • gradually distribute their native token reserves to high-conviction lenders

3. What is a Zero Liquidation Loan? How do they work? When we interact, what are your recommendations? (Zobbo)

A zero-liquidation loan is a loan of fixed tenor (length) which you have the right, but not the obligation to repay any time before the expiration of the loan (can also partial repay)
This means no health factor monitoring or worrying about forced liquidations…instead you have a fixed-rate (no floating rate surprises) loan which is guaranteed to store the collateral safely until you choose to repay. So, greatly reduces complexity, planning and stress on the borrow side.
As for recommendations, once the v2 gets rolling and more quotes are active, the UI will strive to give all the relevant info for quotes and allow for easy sorting and filtering by important metrics like collateral ratio (LTV), APR, tenor, fees, currency pairs…
but we will have adjoining documentation and of course eager support via discord if you need additional guidance!

4. can you give a real-world example with weth and usdcif I can just exchange ETH on the exchange for the asset I need and use it? What are the benefits of a loan scheme? (bugagash)
Sure thing.
So since typically weth would be collateral and stables are loan currency (most people aren’t “bullish” on stable appreciation relative to weth which would be a “short eth” play…which is fine and doable, but most users on eth mainnet are bullish eth!

So, let’s say I’m bullish eth in the next 30 days
since this tenor is on the shorter side, I can probably get a decent term rate (APR*tenor/year) even for a pretty high LTV
let’s say I find lender at 70% LTV for 9% APR, so if I pledge 1000$ weth as collateral I get 700 USDC
In 30 days I have to pay back around 705 USDC
30 days later → eth price has jumped 10% and I invested the 700 USDC in a uni v3 LP pool (paired up with some other asset) and got 4% APY in fees using concentrated liquidity in univ3
so my collateral in the pool is worth 1100$
I have around 702 USDC I then pay back an extra 3 USDC plus the 702 USDC and reclaim 1100$ of collateral

start → 1000$
end 1100 – 3 = 1097$

if you had just swapped on an exchange directly for 1000$ USDC would only have made the fees off LP ing which would have been much lower and you would not have retained the upside in the collateral.

so does that make sense as a “bullish eth” play?

Obviously real world scenarios will vary, and this ignored gas fees, but this would be one basic idea.

5. Should we expect a mobile dapp and if so, when?

(GorbyWa88)

We strive to mobile friendly and usable with multiple wallets across all screen sizes, but an actual mobile app is not in the short term road map given all the other building going on, but in the future yes we plan to get to it!

6. Will MYSO Finance’s lending service help Softdao with funding or liquidity and leverage? (saq)

Short answer…Both!

We have two product “verticals” or offerings, one is our zero-liquidation loans which can be used by treasuries to either provide borrowing (including leverage long or leveraged LP) as well as helping to build out DEX liquidity…

The other allows for DAO to use native tokens for funding needs using a convertible bond offering…

see attached doc in discord for more info on two use cases we have in mind for DAOs

(I can’t include link in the posts but it is in discord technical-AMA channel!)

I think question 7 maybe was geared towards softDAO? But we will have some campaigns on Myso (we already have had role-based raffles and rewards in past and incentives), but currently no live campaigns right now, but in future we of course will have more!

4 Likes

Quite an appropriate solution, to extend the utility of the token. The only question is what kind of protocol is it and why did it get chosen?

3 Likes

Всем привет :wave: ребята а где можно почитать подробно о Myso finance? Похоже это dex как я понял и можно будет даже брать в кредит? Если да то круто конечно не без залога))

2 Likes

I agree this proposal . Nothing can be issued

3 Likes