Treasury Diversification to Minimize Risks

WHAT:

I propose that SoftDAO considers diversifying the treasury by allocating it as follows:

• 33.3% in USDT
  • 33.3% in LUSD
  • 33.3% in USDC (if the problem with depeg is solved).

I also suggest that we track the slippage during calculations to swap.

WHY:

This proposal serves a greater purpose by diversifying the treasury to maximize returns while minimizing risks. It is a unique proposal that suggests allocating the treasury in a diversified way that reduces the risk associated with holding a single asset. This proposal is necessary because it helps SoftDAO achieve its mission of maximizing returns while minimizing risks.

HOW:

If SoftDAO decides to accept this proposal, I suggest that to allocate $SOFT from the treasury to cover the expenses associated with implementing this diversification strategy.

STEPS:

1. Identify a reputable and secure decentralized exchange platform that supports the trading pairs for USDT, LUSD, and USDC.

2. Allocate the necessary funds to each of the three assets according to the proposed allocation (33.3% in USDT, 33.3% in LUSD, and 33.3% in USDC).

3. Use the selected decentralized exchange platform to trade a portion of the treasury in USDC for USDT and LUSD to meet the proposed allocation.

4. Monitor the slippage during the trades and adjust the trading strategy as needed to minimize the impact of slippage, using an aggregator like 1Inch that can route trades across multiple decentralized exchanges to minimize slippage.

SERVICES:
For Step 1 and 4, I highly recommend using an aggregator like 1Inch, which can route trades across multiple decentralized exchanges (such as Uniswap or SushiSwap) to minimize slippage and ensure the best possible trading prices.

Is this proposal necessary or a “nice to have”?

This proposal is necessary to achieve SoftDAO’s mission of maximizing returns while minimizing risks.

64 Likes

That’s a great line of thought! Especially because of recent events… I fully support it.

7 Likes

Love this idea - and especially important given recent events this weekend. But even apart from this weekend, we’ve seen several prominent stablecoins crash to zero over the past couple years. I support this proposal as it provides the DAO a safeguard against contagion-level events that seem to be inevitable.

6 Likes

I think this idea is great. Because in the crypto world there is no trust even in stable coin. Need to reduce risk

6 Likes

Its a good plan.
Finally, fast response is the most important. :muscle: :muscle: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I fully support. You Can’t Keep All Your Eggs in One Basket

4 Likes

Yes, I think it’s a great idea. It is common for a company’s funds to be held in several banks. To have more confidence during crises like those happening now, we should do the same.

3 Likes

A good offer, but it’s not clear why these Stablecoins and why in such a proportion!?

2 Likes

Thats a wonderfull idea, diversification is a key parameter for all investments. The only think i will ask is why dont we think to buy some DAI. My suggestion is %25 for 4 stables, USDT, LUSD, USDC, DAI

4 Likes

DAI, uses USDC as its main source of liquidity. As USDC fell below $1, DAI also traded below its level. As a result it leads to a higher risk to have it in the portfolio together with USDC.

5 Likes

I appreciate the effort you will put into investigating the feasibility of the allocation and tracking slippage during trades. This will ensure that the proposal is implemented in the most effective and efficient way possible.

4 Likes

Great idea, but the main question is, in what fiat currencies and stable coins is the treasury now?)

2 Likes

Better consider BTC at least for 33% of treasury

2 Likes

Yes, I think it should be done, but only 20% possible

2 Likes

What about 5 parts ? 20% USDT, 20% USDC, 20% DAI, 20% BTC, 20% ETH

2 Likes

in case of new collapses, the treasury must also have stable coins.
diversification leads to the minimization of risks. What I wrote in the proposal.

4 Likes

can you please expand the idea and tell us why you think that? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

As recent events have shown, now the question really arose: where is stability after all? In stablecoins or digital gold - BTC. There are risks here and there. Bitcoin is too volatile, and if its price falls, the project team will suffer serious losses. Therefore, it is the right decision to be in stablecoins, to use the product of diversification that the market offers. But it may make sense to set a goal to shift part of the treasury (10-15 percent) into BTC, if price falls below 20-15K.

4 Likes

Support, great idea, I think this is a good insurance against risks. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

A good idea because it reduces the risks associated with fluctuations in the exchange rate of one particular currency. Using multiple stablecoins helps keep the portfolio stable and secure investments.

2 Likes