RFP: Make Existing $SOFT airdrop claims available on Base

WHAT

The main idea of this proposal draft is to make $SOFT airdrop tokens available for claim on Base, since we have migrated from L1 to Base.

WHY

There are at least three (3) compelling reasons to enable the claiming of airdrop tokens on the Base network:

1. The high cost of transactions on Ethereum L1 due to network congestion and high gas fees. This makes claiming the airdrop challenging for users with small deposits. Moreover, the very need to pay high fees to retrieve gifted/earned tokens leads to a negative perception of the project by users and provokes their dissatisfaction. High network congestion may result in additional costs for claims and increase the waiting time for users to receive their tokens.

2. The ongoing migration of Soft Protocol to the Base network involves moving all contracts and core functions as well. If we want to transition to Base as our main chain, we need to methodically transfer our entire infrastructure and not forget about our early users and their needs.

3. We have a significant demand for this feature among active community members. Every day in our Discord numerous messages appear from users requesting the ability to claim tokens on the Base network.

HOW

Soft Protocol contributors are discussing the best method and mechanics for implementing this proposal. An update will soon be published on the implementation.

We are waiting for your feedback, comments, and suggestions. Let’s discuss it!

30 Likes

Yeah, that’s a great proposal! I support it!

4 Likes

Yes, this is a good idea, I would add to it, compensation for those community members who have already bridged the Base network

5 Likes

A great convenience in terms of “fee” cost.
Increases participation in all future events

4 Likes

I support this proposal coz claiming eth on mainnet or bridge token will cost quite a bit of money.

4 Likes

Very interesting idea here :eyes:

Would be curious to hear what community members think would be an adequate reward

4 Likes

Excellent and correct suggestion, I second it.

4 Likes

I support this ! This is a very good proposal

4 Likes

It is sound good, great idea. I support it!

4 Likes

nice one, this will good for everyone, lets go

3 Likes

Whether drops or other rounds. I support this proposal.

4 Likes

Yes! I Vote for it! Good idea! a lot of projects use other layer of ETH becouse L1 ETH fee is hight.

3 Likes

I think that many are waiting, who have not seen the announcement about gas compensation, but many have already received it on the eth and transferred to base. Is it worth distracting this team so that a few especially patient people can get their rewards without investing? Most likely you need to leave this event on eth, and immediately transfer the following ones to base. It seems to me that compensating for gas will be cheaper than distracting the team from more important things…

3 Likes

Switching to Base is a good idea.
I would also like to perform Claim drops in Base.
Starting the sale of $SOFT on the aerodrome platform before listing on the exchanges, according to observations, is not a very good step, in the moment it is a way out, but in the long term listing on the exchange is always a priority.
Tell me, will the $SOFT token participate as a token for participation in the IDO?

3 Likes

Totally agree))))) Good proposal)! But i already claim on Ethereum)))

3 Likes

I fully support this one to save significant fees. On the other hand, it really make sense for the early bridger role and tier rewards also.

3 Likes

I support this proposal, it is truly necessary.

3 Likes

Great idea and I would like those who took the drop on eth and then bridged to base to receive bigger rewards, since they completed more activities and at higher costs.

2 Likes

yes pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

3 Likes

where is AGREE button ?

or can i put here my Support + phrase only ?

3 Likes