17 March, 2023 UPDATE
After a final review, 855 wallets were eligible but not included in December’s SoftDrop event. Additionally, another 896 wallets should have received higher allocations in December’s SoftDrop. This proposal has been updated to reflect these findings & propose a solution for all 1,751 wallets.
Additional review of participating wallets in SoftDrop qualifying events uncovered 855 additional accounts that may be deemed eligible for the SoftDrop and another 896 accounts that should have received higher allocations. This proposal seeks to find a fair solution for these community members and provide them with proper SOFT allocations.
We propose granting SOFT tokens to community members who were not included in December’s SoftDrop but were later discovered to be eligible upon further review. We also propose granting SOFT tokens to community members who were included but received SOFT allocations that didn’t take into account the full extent of their participation in qualifying activities.
This follow-up airdrop (henceforth, “SoftDrop Follow-up”) shall be executed in accordance with the following details:
- Each newly determined eligible user will receive the same amount of SOFT tokens as those with the same amount of qualifying activities in the original SoftDrop. Each eligible user that should have received more tokens in December will also receive additional SOFT tokens to similarly correct their allocations.
- The SOFT tokens for these SoftDrop Follow-up allocations will come directly from the Soft DAO Treasury. The total is 856,888.63 SOFT tokens.
- The SOFT tokens to fulfill this proposal should be sent to the deployed distributor contract designated at a later time. This will allow eligible wallets to claim their SOFT tokens.
- The vesting schedule will be the same as all other SOFT recipients (i.e., two years continuous vesting starting at 00:00 UTC on 25 Dec, 2022).
- SoftDrop Follow-up recipients will also receive a 2x multiplier on their voting power so long as their tokens remain in the claims contract.
This proposal will remain open for 4 days before voting. After this time, the DAO will have 48 hours to vote on the proposal, which may begin as early as Monday, February 20, 2023 at 1800 UTC.
Do It Right is one of Soft DAO’s core values — this means fairness and transparency. To hold true to these values, community members who expressed concern regarding their lack of eligibility were reevaluated and may now be included in the SoftDrop Follow-up based on the original SoftDrop criteria. This proposal seeks to distribute fair and transparent SOFT allocations to those community members.
Soft DAO has already passed and approved the following proposals related to the SoftDrop. This SoftDrop Follow-up Allocation is merely an extension of the SoftDrop to community members who were found to be eligible after further review.
2022-10-25: SoftDAO Token Distribution ($SOFT)
2022-10-27: The Soft Drop - a community airdrop by The Soft DAO
2022-12-01: Regenerate SoftDrop List & Accelerate Vesting
2022-12-01: SoftDrop for Participants in the Softernet Round #5 - Optimism
2022-12-08: SoftDrop for Softernet Round #6 - Celo and Softernet Round #7 - Arbitrum
2022-12-23: SoftDrop this Christmas