Proposal for organizing a System of Motivation for Soft DAO Contributors
We propose a long-term motivation system for SoftDAO contributors. The goal being that it is efficient with minimal cost impact.
We consider it expedient to design a solution that is applicable for any future events from SoftDAO, and not just for solving immediate issues (such as Crew3).
Note: This is just a draft
At the moment, we have a shortage of incentives for active community members. There is no clear motivation system.
Example: SoftDAO expects to benefit the community from Crew3 members, but does not offer any significant incentives. Due to the lack of incentives, people lose motivation.
We could go the way of most projects - give out only dubious discord roles, or give out useless NFTs. Until recently, this gave results. But now - there are 2 main problems:
- Crypto community is used to the fact that most projects leave Crew3 participants without awards.
- Crypto community is also used to the fact that the vast majority of NFTs from Galxe (and analogues) are also useless. So, we believe that the time of useless NFTs, as motivation, is coming to an end. There must be meaning in these NFTs, otherwise it will only generate discontent from the community. No one likes disappointment, no one needs useless garbage in their wallet.
SoftDAO has a long-term mission - therefore, it makes sense to act ahead of these trends.
NFT’s continue to be a strong incentivization mechanism, we should take advantage of this while providing the NFT with substance.
We propose creating:
1. Some NFTs (~5, with an unlimited number of copies). This NFTs will certainly have their value. Incl. may be part of the formula for a future $SOFT-drop for active community contributors.
NFTs will be of varying degrees of value. Tier 1-5. The most valuable of them will be given out, only to the best, in rare cases! The rest of them will be used to encourage useful community activity. Incl. Crew3.
The SoftDAO will set % FEES for trading these NFTs on marketplaces. This will be an additional income for the DAO treasury.
For the most common NFTs, we can come up with a reward without any financial costs. We will be able to create 1-2 closed discord channels. Corresponding to the NFT levels. The higher the channel, the more interesting and deeper the discussions take place there (with members of Core Teams for ex.).
Many DAOs have multiple levels. And NFT as an access key to DAO is a very popular trend. This will attract new people to the community.
I am sure it will not be easy to implement, but if we can make it so that the ownership of Tiers 1-2 NFT give additional weight to the voice in the governance of the DAO… maybe a multiplier of 1.2x for ex… There will be few such NFTs, and their value in the market shuld be high. By doing this, we would add a utility function and eliminate the cost of rewarding their owners.
Priority queues in the purchase of tokens at an early stage. For tier 1-2(3), there is also an increased max amount of funds for purchase.
In this way, we will provide value to almost every category of NFTs. Also, we can discuss the prospects for an additional $SOFT drop for NFT holders later, when the situation becomes clearer.
2. Or Generative NFT project (~10k) that also includes many multiple levels at which we can gate discord channels. It will be more difficult, But this option includes all the advantages of the previous one and also has its own.
It can also allow the DAO to recoup a much larger amount of capital due to the influx of speculators which we can use to create more strength in the dao. All of this capital can be deployed to hiring devs on contract and building out the many products and tools. Or for $SOFT Drop
Adding speculators is generally good for product and brand engagement.
The initial mint price can be set for a part of the collection. This will also have a good effect on the DAO treasury.
- By acting in this way, we will be able to reward the maximum of active community members!
- And at the same time we will ensure the long-term involvement of our community in the life of the Soft DAO.
- This strategy provides greater flexibility in the issue of final costs. And will provides a lot of time for Soft DAO to get stronger. Then it will be much easier for us to decide how much expenses we can afford to distribute awards.
- We will also be able to use these NFTs to encourage the community in any other events. Such as SoftPoker Tournaments, which are already loved by part of our community.
- A well-thought-out motivation system = an influx of new like-minded people to the community!
The SoftDAO is unstoppable! Web3 will win.
Main question to the community:
–HOW CAN WE INCREASE THE VALUE OF NFTs???
Fam! Let’s try to generate as many options as possible!
The more value we can create, the more promising it will be!